Documentation for Prestashop Theme "Alysum"
Thank you for purchasing
Alysum - Premium Prestashop theme!
This document covers the installation and use of this theme and reveals answers to common problems and issues - I encourage you to read this document thoroughly if you are experiencing any difficulties. You can find always fresh version of this documentation by this URL http://alysum.promokit.eu/documentation/
To install this theme you must have a working version of Prestashop already installed. For information in regard to installing the Prestashop platform, please see the Prestashop Wiki - http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Getting+Started
Automatically installation of the template
If you want to install this theme automatically, please use native “Import/export a theme” module. You should make following steps:
- First of all you should to extract downloaded archive
- Login to your back-office and go to Modules page
- Search "Import/export a theme" module through the search bar. If you don't have this module in your back office, you should install it
- Go to the configure of module "Import/export a theme"
- Select archive from extracted folder "themes", and click “Next” button
On this step you will get information about installed theme. Click “Next” button
On this step you will get information about theme installation status. Please mark selected items as at the screenshot and click “Next” button
- Next step will inform you about modules installation status, and images settings update. Click “Finish” button
- Go to "Preferences" → "Images". Click to "Regenerate thumbnails" button, and wait while it will be finished
Install "Import/export a theme" module
- download latest version of theme installator module from addons marketplace
- Login to your back-office and go to Modules page
- Click to "Add new module" button
- Select downloaded from addons module and click to "Upload this module" button
- Install uploaded module
Congratulations! You have installed your new theme and to check it out, go to the front- end of your online shop and take a look at it!
Video installation tutorial
You can also look at this video of installation process:
Manually installation of the template
If you want to install this theme manually, you have to do following steps:
- Download and extract it locally.
- Upload the entire “alysum” to the “/themes” directory on your server.
- Login to your back-office and go to “Preferences” → “Themes”.
- Click to "Add new" button
- Type name of the theme - "Alysum", and name of the theme's directory - "alysum"
- Click to "Save" button
- Now select "Alysum" theme in the "Theme appearance" section below
- Click to "Save" button
- Upload the “/modules” folder contents to the “/modules” directory on your server.
- Install each uploaded modules in back office. How to works with prestashop modules please read here http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Managing+Modules
Congratulations! You have installed your new theme and to check it out, go to the front-end of your online shop and take a look at it!
Depending on the products that you sell, you can choose the type of product images. They can be rectangular (a form well suited for clothing) or square (which is best for shoes, accessories, electronics, etc.).
We advice you to set the rectangular image dimensions according to the following screenshot:
And square images according to the following screenshot:
To configure product image dimensions open PrestaShop admin panel, go to Preferences > Images. In some cases after image dimensions changes you need regenerate images. This can be done using the Regenerate thumbnails section.
Go to configure the "Theme settings" module and select which type of images will you use.
This video shows how fast and easy you can configure homepage of Alysum theme:
The list of modules:
- Promo Minic Slider
- Sequence Slider
- awShowcase Slider
- Isotope Filter
- Block share
- Product Carousel
- Block Megamenu
- Flex Menu
- Newsletter block with promo and social networks
- Theme Settings module
- Add logo to footer
- Facebook LikeBox
- Twitter Block
- Social Login
- Custom Links
Promo Minic Slider
This module allows you to show your promo slides and special/featured/new products in one place. Here you can find full documentation for this slider
This module allows you to animate each slide layer. It based on the sequencejs slider and have powerful customization opportunities. Just look at slider demo and you will understand what kind of animations available for you, and all these you can create in the back office.
Main image will be used as background for the slide composition. You can upload additional images. Each image has following settings:
- Position before showing this is a position of image regarding the slider viewport before the slide will be showing.
- Position on showing this is a position of image regarding the slider viewport when the slide will be showing.
- Position after showing this is a position of image regarding the slider viewport after the slide will be showing.
- "duration" is a duration of image animation from one position to another.
- "rotation" is a rotation of image in the current position.
- "opacity" is a opacity value in percentage from 0 to 100
You have an opportunity to use different styles of your title by adding html tags. For example <h4>your title</h4> will show the title with red background, and <h5>your title</h5> will show the title with gray background.
You can add the width of text container to manage the text animation.
All options to configure text position before/on/after works the same as for images.
This module allows you to show New/Special/Featured/Bestsellers in one place and switch between them. You can add products to module section automatically. You only need to put the number of products you want to see at your frontpage.
Or you can manualy pick a products.
Modules will automatically determine is the product "new" or "featured" or "special" or "bestsellers" and separate them by sections. Uf you define the number as 5 (for example) module take last 5 products of each type (new/featured/special/bestsellers) and total you should get 20 products. But if some type doesn't has 5 products, you will get less number
awShowcase Prestashop slider it’s a great module with unconventional possibilities to show point of interest at the slide. You can add a point in one click and assign a product or a text. So you can describe details of each slide and fast attract customers to selected products.
You can also use a video as one of slides, just enable video mode in the slide settings and you will get a field for youtube video code.
Here is the process of adding points of interests:
This module allows users to share, save, and bookmark your product with their favorite social sites including Twitter, Facebook, Digg, Stumbleupon, and many other services.
Product carousel allows you to show featured or new products as carousel. Also you can customize the number of total, scrolled and visible products.
Newsletter block with promo and social networks
This Module combines 3 modules in one place. Settings of Newsletter, Links to social accounts and promotion banner available in the back office.
This is upgraded default prestashop dropdown module. MegaMenu shows all subcategories in one dropdown list. In the right section shows random image from selected category.
For showing an image in the right hand section of menu, please make sure you have at least one product in the mouseover category, and this product should have at least one image.
FlexMenu allows you to create unique submenu for each menu main item. Module based on ajax technology and you just need to type the text and it will be saved automatically.
Here is the tutorial how to manage menu in the back office.
Add logo to footer
This module allows you to add the logo of your shop to the footer. Just type the shop name in the field in the module settings, and you will get the logo in your footer
LoginRadius is a company that offers social login through popular hosts such as Facebook, Twitter, Google and over 15 more!
Use following tutorial to configure your social networks https://www.loginradius.com/loginradius/how-it-works
Theme settings module
This module allows you to create your own style of your shop, You can change a background, normal text and headings colors, logo and normal text font. More than 400 google fonts are available on the module settings. You can provide your visitors to change the shop style. The settings of each user are stored and displayed only to him. The settings made in the back office will display for all visitors.
Also available feature "List/Grid view" of products listing in the backend, and frontend. You can show the logo of your site as an image, or a text.
Order of the modules
Positions of the modules
Alysum has eight (8) additional hooks. You can see their disposition at the image below. Default prestashop hook "DisplayTop" is free to use, and you can add modules to this hook. Default modules can't be located in Alysum additional hooks without code modification.